the past but Robert Rodriguez has once again claimed that the extremely long-gestating Sin City 2 will begin production this summer. The Austin filmmaker was speaking at the South by Southwest festival on Tuesday and was talkative but refused to confirm which of the large original cast would be returning. However he did reveal that he had held talks already with actors for Sin City 2 and also Machete Kills, adding that casting for both movies will be “of the same caliber and eclecticism” as their respective originals.
Rodriguez says he will shoot Machete Kills, a sequel to his 2009 Grindhouse B-movie actioner in April, before moving on to Sin City 2 in the summer. This backs up Frank Miller’s comments back in October that the Sin City sequel would finally get made this year.
– Matt Holmes
- Robert Rodriguez Says ‘Sin City 2′ Will Film This Summer (imdbfilmnews.wordpress.com)
- Robert Rodriguez Offers ‘Machete Kills,’ ‘Sin City 2′ & ‘Heavy Metal’ Updates; ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ Getting 3D Re-Release? (slashfilm.com)
- Robert Rodriguez Says SIN CITY 2 and MACHETE KILLS Will Film This Year (collider.com)
- Robert Rodriguez confirms production on ‘Machete 2,’ ‘Sin City 2,’ ‘Heavy Metal,’ and more (insidemovies.ew.com)
- SIN CITY 2 Will Finally Start Shooting this Year (geektyrant.com)
- Robert Rodriguez On Fire: Sequels to Machete and Sin City Will Be Shot Back to Back This Year (filmophilia.com)
- ‘Machete’ Sequel Will Be Robert Rodriguez’ Next Project (screenrant.com)
- Clive Owen Doesn’t Know When ‘Sin City 2’ Will Shoot (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Robert Rodriguez Eyeing April Start Date for MACHETE KILLS; Danny Trejo in Talks to Return (collider.com)
- Rodriguez Says “Sin City” Sequel Filming This Year (spinoff.comicbookresources.com)